Bearded iris is a type of iris flower that has a fuzzy patch or beard on each of the falls (the lower petals that hang down) of the flower. Bearded iris flowers come in a variety of colors and sizes, and they are often used as ornamental plants in gardens and landscapes. Bearded iris flowers have a long history and rich symbolism in different cultures and traditions. In this article, we will explore the bearded iris meaning, flower symbolism, spiritual meaning, and color meanings of this beautiful flower.
What Do Bearded Iris Flowers Symbolize?
Bearded iris flowers are beautiful and meaningful flowers that have a lot of symbolism and significance in different cultures and traditions. Bearded iris flowers symbolize:
- Communication, messages, and the connection between heaven and earth
- Elegance, grace, and prestige
- Faith, hope, wisdom, and courage
- Divine protection, guidance, and revelation
- Intuition, insight, and imagination
- Self-expression, creativity, and individuality
- The colors of the bearded iris flowers also have their own meanings and symbolism, such as spirituality, royalty, trust, passion, purity, and joy.
Bearded iris flowers are wonderful gifts for anyone who appreciates their beauty and symbolism. They are also great flowers to have in your own garden or home, as they can bring you positive energy, inspiration, and spiritual connection. Bearded iris flowers are truly remarkable flowers that can enrich your life with their meaning and magic.
Bearded Iris Meaning (Specific)
The name iris comes from the Greek word for rainbow, which is also the name of the Greek goddess of the rainbow, Iris. According to Greek mythology, Iris was a messenger of the gods who used the rainbow as a bridge between heaven and earth. She also delivered the souls of women to the Elysian Fields, the place of the blessed after death. Therefore, the iris flower is associated with communication, messages, and the connection between heaven and earth.
The bearded iris, specifically, is also known as the fleur-de-lis, which means “lily flower” in French. The fleur-de-lis is a stylized representation of the bearded iris, and it has been used as a symbol of royalty, nobility, and power since ancient times. The fleur-de-lis was adopted by the French monarchy as their emblem, and it is still widely used in heraldry, art, and architecture today. The bearded iris, therefore, is also a symbol of elegance, grace, and prestige.
Bearded Iris Spiritual Meaning
The bearded iris has a spiritual meaning that relates to its role as a messenger of the gods and a bridge between heaven and earth. The bearded iris is said to represent faith, hope, wisdom, and courage. It is also a symbol of divine protection, guidance, and revelation. The bearded iris can help us connect with our higher selves, our intuition, and our spiritual vision. It can also inspire us to express our true selves, our creativity, and our individuality.
The bearded iris is also associated with the third eye chakra, which is the center of intuition, insight, and imagination. The third eye chakra is located between the eyebrows, and it is represented by the color indigo or purple. The bearded iris, especially the purple ones, can help us activate and balance our third eye chakra, and enhance our psychic abilities, such as clairvoyance, clairaudience, and clairsentience. The bearded iris can also help us access our inner wisdom, our higher guidance, and our spiritual awareness.
Bearded Iris Flower Color Meanings
The bearded iris flowers come in a range of colors, and each color has its own meaning and symbolism. Here are some of the most common bearded iris flower color meanings:
- Purple bearded iris: Purple is the most common color of bearded iris flowers, and it is also the color of the third eye chakra. Purple bearded iris flowers symbolize spirituality, intuition, mystery, and royalty. They also represent dignity, wisdom, and respect.
- Blue pearded iris: Blue is another popular color of bearded iris flowers, and it is also the color of the throat chakra. Blue bearded iris flowers symbolize communication, expression, and trust. They also represent loyalty, faith, and peace.
- Red bearded iris: Red is a rare color of bearded iris flowers, and it is also the color of the root chakra. Red bearded iris flowers symbolize passion, energy, and courage. They also represent love, desire, and power.
- White bearded iris: White is a classic color of bearded iris flowers, and it is also the color of the crown chakra. White bearded iris flowers symbolize purity, innocence, and light. They also represent spirituality, divinity, and enlightenment.
- Yellow bearded iris: Yellow is a cheerful color of bearded iris flowers, and it is also the color of the solar plexus chakra. Yellow bearded iris flowers symbolize joy, optimism, and happiness. They also represent intellect, creativity, and confidence.